Looking for a commandline mail program for Exchange.

W.B. van der Waals (UUBee)

Feb 7, 2001, 4:50:49 PM2/7/01
Dear Reader,

I've a NT 4.0 server who is doïng some jobs for our department. One of the
Jobs is to genereate some instant documents with information.

This is done by a couple of applications who start every day at the same
time and build the files (from SQL databases and Access Databases). The
files are generated nicely.

At the moment there are 2 files generated called PRICELIST.XLS and
NEWPRODUCTS.DOC.

I now e-mail these documents to two distribution lists. But while I'm more
out of the office than in the office i want to do that automaticly.

At our Company I want to let the IT deparment create a Exchange 5.5 mailbox
called "SalesSupport". On my server (not under mangement by the IT
department) I want to create a profile to that account for outlook.

At the schedule processes (Running under a special created Batch Account) i
call 2 batchfiles who do the processing. These files are called PROCESS1.BAT
and PROCESS2.BAT.

I am looking for a program (GUI or Commandprompt) who is able to send the
files from the batchfiles.

I put an example here.

@ECHO OFF
REM PROCESS1.BAT
REM Create daily pricelist.
REM -----------------------------------------

REM Update local databases.
NET USE \\SERVER\PROGS [password] /USER:EUROPE\BatchAccount
CMD /C \\SERVER\PROGS\SALESDB\CLIENTCOPY.BAT
NET USE \\SERVER\PROGS /D

REM Create ExcelSheet
START /WAIT D:\Database\Pricelist\GeneratePriceSheet.MDE

REM Mail it to distributionlist
<here must code be placed>

At the end I want to send the excel sheet to a distribution list. The
distribution list is either a Excel sheet, CSV file or access database. It
is maintained by the Intranet server.

I just need a file who can do that for example like this.

SEND_MAPI.EXE /LIST:D:\DATABASE\PRICELISTUSERS.MDB /TOPIC:"Pricelist"
/Message:Sample.RTF /ATTACHEMENT:D:\InetPub\FTPROOT\Sales\PRICELIST.XLS

Does anyone know a tool like that?

Wim-Bart
--

\\\\////
(| O O |)

If reply by e-mail change ------.--- in casema.net.

Downgrading: Netware 4 and 5 -> NT 4, Windows 2K.
Migrating: Windows 2K or NT 4 -> Netware 3.
Upgrading: Windows 2K or NT 4 -> Netware 4 and 5.

Rich

Feb 8, 2001, 3:30:38 AM2/8/01
get youself a copy of blat and send the mail via smtp, I use this for
several batch jobs...

Rich.

"W.B. van der Waals (UUBee)" <wbwaals@------.---> wrote in message

Amiri Jones

Feb 8, 2001, 1:23:57 PM2/8/01
The BackOffice Resource Kit contains a utility named MAPISEND.EXE that
allows you to send files via MAPI sessions as you request. Its switches and
error codes are described in KB article Q238776.