Re: Some problem with Excel VBA Userform

Dave Peterson

Aug 12, 2004, 5:33:02 PM8/12/04
Just guesses....

#1. Close excel and clean up the windows temp folder. Excel uses this folder
to store a bunch of files that get created with controls on a userform (and
activex controls on a worksheet). Maybe there's something that's confusing
excel.

#2. Try Rob Bovey's code cleaner program. It exports the modules and reimports
them. There can be some detritus left behind that causes unexplainable errors.

You may want to try Rob Bovey's code cleaner.
http://www.appspro.com/

"allissonlu <" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Excel 2002, and I am new to VBA in Excel.
>
> I created a userform (named frmCost) within an Excel file, and on one
> of the Excel sheets, I added a button (called BtnStart) to control the
>
> The codes are:
>
> Private Sub BtnStart_Click()
> Dim frmCostCal As New frmCost
>
> With frmCostCal
>
> Show
>
> End With
>
> End Sub
>
> Also on the userform, I added an "exit" button to unload the userform
> and return to Excel. The codes are:
>
> Private Sub btnExit_Click()
>
> Unload Me
>
> End Sub
>
> The problem is, sometimes when I click the "Start" button, the Excel
> crashes. This happens randomly, esp. when the button is clicked right
> after opening the Excel file.
>
> Any help or advice will be highly appreciated.
>
> Allison
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec3...@msn.com