Using DateDif to calculate minutes

Joe

Oct 20, 2004, 1:35:14 PM10/20/04
Can excel use the datedif function to calculate MINUTES? I know that Access
can, but I want to use it in Excel.

Thank you

RagDyer

Oct 20, 2004, 1:56:52 PM10/20/04
Chip Pearson's web page on this is quoted in many magazines as the optimum
site for explaining this function

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
--

HTH,

RD

"Joe" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Myrna Larson

Oct 20, 2004, 2:40:41 PM10/20/04
No, it can't. But if you have two times, you can subtract and multiply the
result by 1440 to convert the units from days to minutes.

Peo Sjoblom

Oct 20, 2004, 3:43:41 PM10/20/04
Or use custom format [mm] without converting it to decimals

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Myrna Larson" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jamie Collins

Oct 21, 2004, 6:20:40 AM10/21/04
Myrna Larson <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

> > Can excel use the datedif function to calculate MINUTES?
> > I know that Access can

> No, it can't. But if you have two times, you can subtract and multiply the

> result by 1440 to convert the units from days to minutes.

I know this is .worksheet.functions but it may be worth pointing out
that the VBA function DateDiff may be used to calculate minutes e.g.
this in the VBE Immediate Window:

? DateDiff("n", Now - 1, Now)
1440

Presumably this is what the OP means by 'I know that Access can' i.e.
MS Access uses the same VBA library as Excel and the VBA5 functions
(as distinct from methods) may be used in Jet queries.

Jamie.