Automatic vs. Manual Recalculation

Brian Rubino

Feb 11, 2003, 9:06:00 AM2/11/03
I work at the New York State Office for the Aging. My
problem is that we have a workbook where on an isolated
basis, the worksheet calculations feature will change
(undesired and by itself) from Automatic to Manual
recalculation. This is set by clicking Tools, Options,
Calculation tab, then Automatic or Manual button.

As backgound, the application in question utilizes 2
worksheets within a single workbook. We have the ability
to print the 2 sheets duplex by pressing shift and
clicking on the inactive sheet tab, which makes both
sheets active, thus allowing for duplexing.

The undesired change from automatic to manual
recalculation seems to occur at or about the time that
printing occurs (with both sheets being active). It causes
problems, since the worksheets total accross rows and down
columns, and if user is not careful, there could be errors
on the printed worksheet due to totals not being
recalculated.

The specific question is how does Excel change the setting
from Automatic recalculation to Manual recalculation
without it being done by a user?

Brian Rubino

Niek Otten

Feb 11, 2003, 12:55:30 PM2/11/03
This setting is for all open files in Excel. The setting is taken from the
first workbook opened, until you manually change it and of course then it
will apply to all open workbooks also.

--
Regards,

Niek Otten