Antilog

Jerry Martin

Jan 8, 2003, 11:06:21 PM1/8/03

Can any one out there tell me if it is possible find the
antilog when using spreadsheets ?

Norman Harker

Jan 9, 2003, 1:14:51 AM1/9/03
Hi Jerry!

You might imagine that this is a common question.

Here's a response by Chip Pearson I found using Google Search on Antilog

The LOG function returns a base-10 logarithm. Therefore, the inverse
function
is simply raising the 10 to that power. E.g.,

=10^B1

If you are using the LOG function to get the log in an arbitrary base, such
as

=LOG(A1,B1)
raise the base in B1 to the LOG result. E.g.,
=B1^C1

If you are using the LN function to get the base-e log, use EXP to do the
inverse. E.g.,

=EXP(B2)

See:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=e9syyEk3BHA.2524%40tkmsftngp07

For Google Searching:

Try Ron de Bruin's Add-In from:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

This puts a Google search tool under Help and provides help where yo want it
when you want it.

Or you can use:

you can find all postings on google

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*

This searches Excel postings generally

--
Norman Harker
Sydney, Australia.

"Jerry Martin" <jerb...@comcast.net> wrote in message

ekta...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2012, 8:43:26 AM12/3/12
Thanx

plinius

Dec 3, 2012, 9:24:01 AM12/3/12
=LN(123456) = 11.7236401
=EXP(11.7236401) = 123456

=LOG(123456) = 5.091512202
=10^5.091512202 = 123456

=LOG(123456,16) = 4.228409357
=16^4.228409357 = 123456

Hi,
E.

julien....@gmail.com

May 24, 2019, 9:55:59 PM5/24/19
Mate thank you so much, that makes perfect sense and you have helped a lot with my assignment!