Post Excel Data to a Web Server

Waindy <>

Jan 29, 2004, 2:03:32 PM1/29/04
Hi

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to post the data from an
excel document back to a web server in the same way as a HTML form
operates.

I can process the request.form variables using ASP and populate a
server side database, ideally I would like to be able to create a form
based excel file that can then be submitted via a button in the file to
the web server.

I hope this is the correct group for this question.

My thanks in advance.

Nick

---

Jake Marx

Feb 2, 2004, 4:30:20 PM2/2/04
Hi Nick,

Yes, you can do this using the XMLHTTP object:

Dim xml As XMLHTTP40
Dim abytPostData() As Byte

abytPostData = StrConv("fname=jake&lname=marx", vbFromUnicode)

Set xml = New XMLHTTP40
With xml
.Open "POST", "http://www.longhead.com"
.setRequestHeader "Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
.send abytPostData
End With

Set xml = Nothing

To use this, you need to set a reference to "Microsoft XML, v4.0" via Tools

--
Regards,

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel