Re: Determining Worksheet Edit Mode

Tim Williams

Feb 8, 2006, 2:10:46 PM2/8/06
I'm not sure there's any direct access to that information.

But...
VBA doesn't run when the sheet is in "edit" mode.
If the user has copied a range then application.cutcopymode will be = 1

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Kevin" <Ke...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings! I am trying to figure out how to determine the worksheets edit
> mode in VBA. I am referring to the mode text that is displayed in the
lower
> left hand corner of the Excel window status bar. I'm sure that I'm just
> looking for the wrong term, but any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Kevin

Kevin

Feb 8, 2006, 2:24:04 PM2/8/06
But if I'm not mistaken the Change event for the sheet will fire with each
keystroke being typed into a cell and that's why I'm trying to track the mode
to ignore the change until the sheet is "Ready" again.

Thanks!
--
Kevin

Tim Williams

Feb 8, 2006, 3:59:24 PM2/8/06
worksheet_change only fires when you're not in edit mode, so there is no
event fired on keystrokes.
It only fires when you exit the cell after editing the value, so you don't
need any code to ignore keystrokes.