Calendar in Excel

Hugo

Jun 9, 2003, 6:56:23 AM6/9/03
I want to insert a calendar into an Excel spreadsheet. I
want to be able to select a date and have it populate a
cell with that date.
This is probably quite simple....but not for me!!!
Any help with the coding would be great
Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Jun 9, 2003, 7:14:12 AM6/9/03
Here is some information Hugo

Do Insert-Object from the menubar and place a calendar control on your
sheet.

Place this in a Sheetmodule

Private Sub Calendar1_DblClick()
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "m/d/yyyy"
ActiveCell = Calendar1
End Sub

If Target.Column = 1 Then
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Visible = True
Else: Calendar1.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

If you select a cell in Column A the calendar will popup and when
you DblClick on the calendar the date will be placed in the activecell

Or this Example for one cell

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Visible = True
Else: Calendar1.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

http://www.microsoft.com/officedev/index/calendar.htm
Calendar control
[Includes links to 3 articles on the calendar control including
"Using a Calendar Control in Excel"]

http://support.microsoft.com/Support/?kbid=170692
ADT/ODE: Can't Redistribute Calendar Control Without ODE License

http://www.microsoft.com/officedev/tips/regactx.htm
Get the Calendar Control

http://support.microsoft.com/Support/?kbid=165450
XL97: Error Inserting ActiveX Object in a Worksheet

http://support.microsoft.com/Support/?kbid=279098
MOD2000: Cannot Redistribute Calendar Control Without Microsoft Office
Developer License

http://support.microsoft.com/Support/?kbid=236529
MOD2000: Deploying Package with MSCal.ocx Causes Error: "The file
...\$(DllSelfRegisterEx) Could Not Be Registered..."

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

Harald Staff

Jun 9, 2003, 7:19:35 AM6/9/03
Hi

It is unfortunately not too simple unless you are familiar with controls, userforms and
VBA code. But here's a start:
http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/CalExcel.htm
http://www.pcnetcom.com/excel97.htm

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Bob Phillips

Jun 9, 2003, 8:53:23 AM6/9/03
Hugo,

I have a simple calendar popup which you can have if you want. You can right
it from a form, or, as in my sample workbook, as a right-click menu option.

Mail me direct if you want it.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

Shailesh Shah

Jun 9, 2003, 9:00:34 AM6/9/03

If you want to try free add-ins then download it from here.

Excel Pop Up Calendar Add-ins:
http://cpap.com.br/orlando/

Other interesting links:

Appointment Calendar from :
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/apptcal.htm

Array Calendar from :
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm

Calendar Workbook with holidays from :
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/CalExcel.htm

http://www.timeanddate.com/

BTW you can also email me for below calendar utilities by me.

1. Calendar Workbook without any VBA code to show monthly calendar using
simple formulas in cells with Listbox & Spin Button for Month & Year.

2. Calendar in Pivot Table to show selected month or all 12 months.

3. Calender Add-ins that will show monthly calendar, writes/find date on
active sheet (for English, Italian, Spanish Version)

Regards,
Shah Shailesh