How to use Excel VBA to query a SAP database?

Davies@discussions.microsoft.com Tim Davies

Jan 9, 2005, 5:23:01 PM1/9/05
Hi Everyone. A weakpoint to many spreadsheets I have written is that a
report must be run within SAP and then exported manually to a spreadsheet,
that is then parsed by a control spreadsheet to obtain the information I
want. A solution to remove this step is to query SAP directly from Excel to
obtain the required data.

Does anyone know if there is an Excel add-in I can use and/or any VBA
examples of how I can create such an interface?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Tom Ogilvy

Jan 9, 2005, 5:52:29 PM1/9/05
http://abap4.tripod.com/SAP_and_VBA__Visual_Basic_for_Applications_.html

also, search google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=SAP+Excel+VBA&btnG=Google+Search

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Tim Davies" <Tim Dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Fredrik Wahlgren

Jan 9, 2005, 6:22:06 PM1/9/05

"Tim Davies" <Tim Dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Doesn't SAP have any kind of tool that transfers data directly from a report
or a database to Excel? How will you know what queries to make?

Here are some other links
http://www.sapgenie.com/products/gesix/
http://searchsap.techtarget.com/whitepaperPage/0,293857,sid21_gci1011772,00.html
http://www.afalinasoft.com/xl-report-sap/

/Fredrik

Tim Davies

Jan 9, 2005, 8:01:04 PM1/9/05
Thanks a lot Tom, that mdb will be a great help.

Regards,

Tim Davies

Tim Davies

Jan 9, 2005, 8:05:02 PM1/9/05
Thanks Fredrik for your response. SAP can transfer directly to a spreadsheet
from the SAP GUI, but that is the step I want to bypass as it re. See the
web page suggested by Tom for code to perform the actions I require.

Regards,

Tim.