3rd party add ins for XL 07

Dave F

Feb 15, 2007, 7:40:28 PM2/15/07
Is anyone aware of any upcoming 3rd party add ins for XL 07 which replicate
the menu structure of earlier versions? I imagine such an add in would be
rather popular given that its clunky UI takes up a lot of precious screen
real estate, especially on laptops.

Curious what others have heard/know about.

Thanks,

Dave

T. Valko

Feb 15, 2007, 10:12:43 PM2/15/07
Seems to me that I've read somewhere (?) that someone (?) has done something
like that.

Here's an idea I think that someone could make happen rather "easily":

Make the ribbon hide like the Windows task bar. A mouse over makes it appear
and moving the mouse away makes it disappear.

Biff

"Dave F" <Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Dave F

Feb 15, 2007, 10:21:00 PM2/15/07
Well, you can hide the ribbon. I have it set up that way now. But I still
think menus are better. (To hide the ribbon, show the Quick Access Toolbar,
and select "minimize ribbon." Now, how do you show the QAT? Beats me. But
I got it showing.)

Dave

Roger Govier

Feb 16, 2007, 4:35:32 AM2/16/07
Hi Dave

Ron de Bruin has already done a lot of good work on this. There are
several examples at his site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave F" <Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Roger Govier

Feb 16, 2007, 4:46:37 AM2/16/07
Gary

I meant to add this link also to an interesting thread in .programming
recently on the subject

http://snipurl.com/1ae9o

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" <ro...@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote in message

Ron de Bruin

Feb 16, 2007, 8:20:42 AM2/16/07
Hi Gary/Roger

I have add a workbook to my site to create a custom ribbon.
I think it is useful ?

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Let me know what you think of it.

There is also a link to Patrick Schmid's site
Patrick build a add-in.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Dave F

Feb 16, 2007, 8:27:05 AM2/16/07
Thanks to all. It sounds like lots of other people are thinking along the
same lines as me. Fortunately, those people are smarter than I and can
actually do something about this.

Dave

Roger Govier

Feb 16, 2007, 8:41:46 AM2/16/07
Hi Ron

Good to "speak" again after such a long while!!

I did download the first file you put up and had a few difficulties -
but that was just after I had installed XL2007.
I haven't had time to do anything about it since.

I will download your new files and give it a try as soon as I am able,
and will get back to you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ron de Bruin" <ronde...@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message

Ron de Bruin

Feb 16, 2007, 9:09:47 AM2/16/07
> I will download your new files and give it a try as soon as I am able,
> and will get back to you.

Thanks Roger