How do I add Pounds, Shillings and Pence?

alanturner12

Jul 24, 2005, 9:01:01 AM7/24/05
I am trying to computerise old accounting records in pounds, shillings and
pence,and display the result in the same way. How do I add colums of figures
and get the correct "carry over" into the next colum, bearing in mind there
were 12 pennies in one shilling and 20 shillings in one pound?

Bob Phillips

Jul 24, 2005, 9:45:29 AM7/24/05
Assume the pounds in A1:A5, shillings in B1:b5, pence in C1:C5

A6: =SUM(A1:A5,INT(SUM(B1:B5)/20
B6: =MOD(SUM(B1:B5,INT(SUM(C1:C5)/12)),20)
C6:=MOD(SUM(C1:C5),12)

--

HTH

RP