paste in Reverse Order

tikchye_oldLearner57

Oct 10, 2006, 12:41:01 AM10/10/06
hi community

in Excel we can paste a copied of data in a transpose manner by using the
Paste Special dialog box, that is, from a Vertical column into a Horizontal
row and vice versa,

is there a way for me to Paste a copied data in a reverse order,

example:

if say, I have a data written as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
and
wanted to paste in reverse order...5, 4, 3, 2, 1
can I do it in reverse order ?

thanks community for the help and info

--
oldLearner57

JMB

Oct 10, 2006, 1:26:01 AM10/10/06
One way, if your data was in C15:C18

=INDEX(C$15:C$18,ROWS(C$15:C$18)-ROWS(C$15:C15)+1)

then copy the formula down and over as far as needed, copy, paste
special-values. If your data was in a single row, change Rows to Columns.

Lamb Chop

Oct 10, 2006, 8:58:18 AM10/10/06
You need a helper column

e.g. A1:A5 you have your data, 1, 5, 2, 9, 5...

in B1:B5 you put 1, 2,3, 4, 5

Then sort it reversely with column B you will have Column A reversed.

"tikchye_oldLearner57" <tikchyeol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:FAD723F7-1635-45AC...@microsoft.com...

Dallman Ross

Oct 10, 2006, 9:22:24 AM10/10/06
In <OZGuGvG7...@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Lamb Chop
<nos...@please.com> spake thusly:

> You need a helper column
>
> e.g. A1:A5 you have your data, 1, 5, 2, 9, 5...
>
> in B1:B5 you put 1, 2,3, 4, 5
>
> Then sort it reversely with column B you will have Column A reversed.

Or he could download and use the FunCustomize UDF collection by Laurent
Longre, available here: http://xcell05.free.fr/

One of the functions in the FunCustomize set is called REVERSE
and does just what the OP wants.

(while you're there, pick up the MOREFUNC tools, as well.)

Dallman Ross