RE: lenght of status bar

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Nov 15, 2006, 11:15:01 AM11/15/06
You can't enlarge the box, but you can do this:
Right/click the Excel LOGO (near the file menu), select "View Code", paste
this in:
Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeRightClick(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
On Error Resume Next
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
.Controls("Sum of Selection").Delete
With .Controls.Add(msoControlButton)
.Caption = "Sum of Selection"
.OnAction = "SumSel"
End With
End With
End Sub

In a regular module, use EITHER:
Sub SumSel()
MsgBox Application.Sum(Selection)
End Sub

OR

Sub SumSel()
'This sub will put the sum in the status bar for 5 seconds
Application.Statusbar = Application.Sum(Selection)
Application.ontime NOW+5/86400,"ClearBar" '5 seconds
End Sub
Sub ClearBar()
Application.Statusbar = False
End Sub

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP
-------------------------
"Chris" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone please tell me how can I enlarge the box in status bar where the
> calculations appears?
>
> e.x. if the sum of the numbers I highlight in the sheet is large it don't
> appear whole.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Chris

Nov 20, 2006, 6:36:02 AM11/20/06
Thank you dear Bob!! Very helpful answer!