Trendline error

R Lawson

Jun 13, 2007, 5:24:03 PM6/13/07
Has anyone else found an error in the trendline tool in excel 07? I found
that when transforming the x axis to logarithmic, the trendline stays linear,
when it should curve with the axis. I think this started happening when I
moved between 07 and 03 using the compatibility package.

--
R Lawson
Ann Arbor, MI

ShaneDevenshire

Jun 15, 2007, 1:55:02 PM6/15/07
Hi R,

Yes this appears to be a bug!
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

G.P.Dunn

Jun 21, 2007, 7:43:42 PM6/21/07
I have found that the trendline formula determination tool within Excel 2007 does not compute the correct equation. Excel 2003 does. Often it is the X2 component of the polynomial formula that is incorrect.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com