Plotting more than 32,0000 points

Steve Loveland

Oct 2, 2003, 2:37:20 PM10/2/03
To all Microsoft users,

Does anyone know of a plug-in (or Excel trick) that will
allow me to plot a simple 2d graph (output vs. time) for
more than 32,000 points? Seems kind of silly to have
65,536 rows of data available, but only be able to plot
half of this information. Please let me know via e-mail.

I thank you all for your time.
Steve Loveland

dvt

Oct 2, 2003, 3:27:26 PM10/2/03
Steve Loveland wrote:
> Does anyone know of a plug-in (or Excel trick) that will
> allow me to plot a simple 2d graph (output vs. time) for
> more than 32,000 points? Seems kind of silly to have
> 65,536 rows of data available, but only be able to plot
> half of this information. Please let me know via e-mail.

Plot two series, one with data points 1 to 32000 and the next series with
data points 32001 to ???. Format both series to look the same. Increase
the number of series if you want more than 64k points.

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Jon Peltier

Oct 3, 2003, 1:43:22 PM10/3/03
Steve -

That's a lot of points. How about plotting only every 10th or 100th
point? There's an explanation how in this web page:

Microsoft Excel Charting FAQs, TechTrax ezine
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP