newbie - accessing pointer to array of doubles from managed C++

te...@intex.com

Jun 30, 2005, 11:41:32 AM6/30/05

I have a small managed C++ app that calls a C library function.
This C library function returns a pointer to a structure. This
structure has a pointer to an array of doubles that I'd like to access
from my managed C++ app. When I look at the pointer in the debugger
(VC 7.1.3088), I see a value in the [0]th element and zeros in all
other elements.

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to marshal the array
to look at it in my managed C++ app? SOme specific examples would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Ted

Here's some pseudo code:

// we are in my managed C++ class

// CMO is a C structure defined in a header file
CMO *cmop = my_C_function( ... );
printf("%f %f %f\n",cmop->value[0],cmop->value[1],cmop->value[2]);
// [0] element looks good, [1], [2] are zero