Visual Studio 2003 and Windows 95

Lynn McGuire

Apr 15, 2003, 3:57:58 PM4/15/03
I hereby confirm that MFC apps produced by Visual Studio
.NET 2003 do run on Windows 95 without statically linking
MFC and delay loading OLEACC.DLL.

Thanks for the improvement !

Now if I could only tell Visual Studio to run the Win9X/Me
ResScan.exe tool from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q271442
automatically.

Thanks,
Lynn McGuire

Ted

Apr 16, 2003, 10:22:31 AM4/16/03
Actually, you're mistaken, the problem is that MFC apps produced in Visual
Studio .NET 2002 have the problem you described. NOT 2003. The problem was
FIXED in 2003. You can verify this by simply viewing the dependencies of
MFC71.DLL. OLEACC.DLL is now delay loaded. Of course if you use any OLEACC
stuff in your own code you should also delay load it, but there is no need
to statically link to MFC any more.

Ted.

"Lynn McGuire" <win...@winsim.com> wrote in message

Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP]

Apr 16, 2003, 10:43:34 AM4/16/03
Actually, you're mistaken - that's exactly what Lynn said - MFC apps
produced by VS.NET 2003 DO run on Win 95 WITHOUT doing the workaround steps.

-cd

Ted

Apr 16, 2003, 12:15:33 PM4/16/03
Woops, I was reading the other oleacc message and somehow my brain read his
message as "do not" Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ted.

"Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP]" <cpda...@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in message

ZhangZQ

Apr 16, 2003, 12:44:12 PM4/16/03
If I only have Visual Studio.net 2002, which step should I do to make my
program can be run in win95?

It is very urgent, Thank you very much!!

Lynn McGuire

Apr 16, 2003, 1:02:51 PM4/16/03
> If I only have Visual Studio.net 2002, which step should I do to make my
> program can be run in win95?

1. Statically link MFC with your app

2. Delay Load oleacc.dll

3. Run ResScan.exe from