Re: How Can You Create A DLL In VB.NET For VB6?

Richard Myers

Nov 10, 2004, 4:14:46 PM11/10/04
I suggest in future you Google first but however:

hth
Richard

Cor Ligthert

Nov 11, 2004, 5:55:37 AM11/11/04
Phil, we don't have the time with given answers untill 2005 maybe you can
correct your datetime settings of your system in future when you sent
messages to this newsgroup.

Chris Dunaway

Nov 11, 2004, 9:30:42 AM11/11/04
On Sun, 8 May 2005 13:05:20 -0700, Phil Galey wrote:

> Is it possible to create a DLL from VB.NET that is referenceable from VB6?
> If so, how? I tried creating a Class Library project. It can be referenced
> fine from VB.NET, but not from VB6. Thanks.

Is it REALLY 5/8/2005 where you live?

Please fix your computer's date and time

--
Chris

dunawayc[AT]sbcglobal_lunchmeat_[DOT]net

To send me an E-mail, remove the "[", "]", underscores ,lunchmeat, and
replace certain words in my E-Mail address.

Michel van den Berg

Dec 22, 2004, 12:25:42 PM12/22/04
Phil Galey wrote:
> Is it possible to create a DLL from VB.NET that is referenceable from VB6?
> If so, how? I tried creating a Class Library project. It can be referenced
> fine from VB.NET, but not from VB6. Thanks.

Could you please state why you want to "downgrade" from vb.net to vb6? I
find it unlikely to be an efficient use of resources if you run vb.net
assemblies inside VB6.

Michel van den Berg

LBS

Dec 22, 2004, 12:34:15 PM12/22/04
This is actually an excelent question
Imagine that you have 2 app : 1 in VB6 and 1 in Vb.net.
You write a dll in dot net that takes care of process, but now you are
required to implement the same functionality in the vb6 app. Why would you
write it twice ?
I do not have the answer to the question, but I will be watching that post.

"Michel van den Berg" <m...@promontis.nl> wrote in message

sbs

Dec 22, 2004, 12:38:35 PM12/22/04
Yes you can write com compatible DLL withj dot net (dll class, check the
com interop compatibel check mark in the project properties). These are
then usable from vb6 transparently.

As usual the managed-unmanaged border crossing fee is huge :p

Michel van den Berg

Dec 22, 2004, 12:58:21 PM12/22/04
Yes, the fee is indeed huge: I recommend crossing it only if you have
to. And as said earlier: you could make it com compatible, but please
keep in mind that not all functionality works 100% transparently: for
example, the vb6 designer will not react the same if you use such DLL in
design time.

B.Kumar

Feb 3, 2005, 4:24:24 AM2/3/05
I am new commer in VB.NET.
How I will add a new record in a access table through ADD NEW() or other code in
VB.NET (through data entry FORM)?
will you please help for that code, urgently ?
thanking you.

Posted via DevelopmentNow Groups
www.developmentnow.com/g
www.developmentnow.com

Cor Ligthert

Feb 3, 2005, 5:09:24 AM2/3/05
BKumar,

There are thousands of methods in VBNet for that. Therefore your question is
to open.

To see something about dataaccess you can have a look at this page, however
it gives only some samples because every problem can have its own solution.

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/

Cor

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Feb 3, 2005, 7:13:00 AM2/3/05
"B.Kumar" <bidyapa...@yahoo.com> schrieb:

>I am new commer in VB.NET.
> How I will add a new record in a access table through ADD NEW() or other
> code in
> VB.NET (through data entry FORM)?

The necessary connection strings can be found here:

<URL:http://www.connectionstrings.com/>

The rest is similar to inserts into database tables for other DBS.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

Paul Clement

Feb 3, 2005, 9:16:01 AM2/3/05
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:24:24 GMT, B.Kumar<bidyapa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

¤ I am new commer in VB.NET.

¤ How I will add a new record in a access table through ADD NEW() or other code in
¤ VB.NET (through data entry FORM)?
¤ will you please help for that code, urgently ?
¤ thanking you.

See the following:

HOW TO: Use Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to Connect to a Microsoft Access Database and to Retrieve
Data
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821765

Paul ~~~ pcle...@ameritech.net
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Supra

Mar 29, 2005, 8:12:50 AM3/29/05

M. Posseth

Mar 29, 2005, 12:54:31 PM3/29/05

Well you can use the class if you make it a ComClass with this technique
you are able to use it in anny com capable programming language ( VB6 ,
Delphi , Clipper :-) etc etc
it is also still possible to use it in the normall way in VB.Net

see below example class wich is copied from a reall life project of mine
( ofcourse i have changed the ClassId, InterfaceId and EventsId if someone
might copy it in his own project he won`t break my compatibility , so i
strongly encourage you to change the 3 guids to your own )

<ComClass(ComClsNhsenc.ClassId, ComClsNhsenc.InterfaceId,
ComClsNhsenc.EventsId)> _

Public Class ComClsNhsenc

Public Function strEncrypt(ByVal strToEncrypt As String) As String

' code omitted

End Function

#Region "COM GUIDs"

' These GUIDs provide the COM identity for this class

' and its COM interfaces. If you change them, existing

' clients will no longer be able to access the class.

Public Const ClassId As String = "7BAE16DC-0103-4BA3-9B89-53252272X711"

Public Const InterfaceId As String = "3CE4FCBF-CDEA-4849-9743-0E8E34D313AE"

Public Const EventsId As String = "7E90HE2E-8F8C-45B2-870B-3461A7DF28A7"

#End Region

' A creatable COM class must have a Public Sub New()

' with no parameters, otherwise, the class will not be

' registered in the COM registry and cannot be created

' via CreateObject.

Public Sub New()

MyBase.New()

End Sub

End Class

Happy coding : -)

Michel Posseth [MCP --- and proud of it --- :-) ]

"Supra" <sup...@rogers.com> wrote in message