VB.NET 2003 Upgrade

Nak

Jul 1, 2003, 4:57:03 AM7/1/03
Hi there,

Is there anychance someone could tell me the link to the Microsoft web
site where I can buy VB.NET 2003 upgrade from VB.NET 2002 in the UK. I
heard it was around $25 or something but can't remember the URL since my PC
was reinstalled. Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Herfried K. Wagner

Jul 1, 2003, 5:59:06 AM7/1/03
Hello,

"Nak" <a...@a.com> schrieb:

> Is there anychance someone could tell me the link to the
> Microsoft web site where I can buy VB.NET 2003 upgrade
> from VB.NET 2002 in the UK. I heard it was around $25
> or something but can't remember the URL since my PC
> was reinstalled.

AFAIK you can not update VB .NET Standard.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/upgrade/vstudio03/

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP · VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Armin Zingler

Jul 1, 2003, 5:07:44 AM7/1/03

Nak

Jul 1, 2003, 8:51:49 AM7/1/03
Herfried,

Are you sure? I had previously been given a link that contained
information with the relevant UK price also. Are you totally sure of that?

Nick.

"Herfried K. Wagner" <hirf...@m.activevb.de> wrote in message

Herfried K. Wagner

Jul 1, 2003, 9:12:08 AM7/1/03
Hello,

"Nak" <a...@a.com> schrieb:

> Are you sure? I had previously been given a link that contained
> information with the relevant UK price also. Are you totally sure of
that?

I don't know anything about this offer in the UK but maybe it's possible to
upgrade a Standard edition... I feel sorry but I do not have this
information.

RLH

Jul 1, 2003, 1:26:14 PM7/1/03
I just recently bought the 2002 version of VB.Net
Standard (just my luck MS comes out with a new version a
couple weeks later). Anyway, I really hope that there is
an upgrade available.

>.

james

Jul 1, 2003, 1:36:09 PM7/1/03
Here's the link to what your looking for. (but, it doesn't mention for UK
buyers on this page)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/standards.aspx

james

"Nak" <a...@a.com> wrote in message

Nak

Jul 2, 2003, 7:01:53 AM7/2/03
Hi James,

This is a very similar page, except it was definitly for the UK. Maybe
this is one of those small details that Microsoft don't want people to know,
like running ISS on XP Home Edition? I would rather upgrade, it would save
me a few pounds.

Nick.

"james" <jjam...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Gary Napolitano

Aug 24, 2003, 3:51:14 PM8/24/03
Nak wrote:

see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/standards.aspx

for upgrade on the standard edition. Note that it's only for U.S. and
Canadian customers.

Regards,

Gary

Nak

Aug 24, 2003, 6:26:22 PM8/24/03
Hi Gary,

Tis okay, I was disgusted by that already, do I offend being British? I
want a cheap upgrade, it's not fair :-(

Nick.

"Gary Napolitano" <gna...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Aug 24, 2003, 6:36:41 PM8/24/03
Hello,

"Nak" <a...@a.com> schrieb:

> Tis okay, I was disgusted by that already, do I offend being British?
> want a cheap upgrade, it's not fair :-(

Somebody mentioned a cheap offer which is available in the UK, but I do
not have any information on that.

;-(((

Nak

Aug 25, 2003, 4:10:50 AM8/25/03
> Somebody mentioned a cheap offer which is available in the UK, but I do
> not have any information on that.

It was probably a vicious rumour for people like myself :-(

Nick.

Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net

Aug 25, 2003, 4:37:03 PM8/25/03
You can get any version of 2003 Visual Studio .NET for $30. Only catch is
that you need to have the 2002 version installed when you go to install the
2003 version.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/upgrade/vstudio03/addresses.aspx

Tom
= Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net, MCAD.net, MCP
= 45Wallstreet.com (www.45wallstreet.com)
= (803)-345-5001
= If you are not making any mistakes
.= ..you are not trying hard enough.

Schfooge

Aug 25, 2003, 6:05:17 PM8/25/03

"Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net" <to...@conpro.net> wrote in message

> You can get any version of 2003 Visual Studio .NET for $30. Only catch is
> that you need to have the 2002 version installed when you go to install
the
> 2003 version.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/upgrade/vstudio03/addresses.aspx

You don't necessarily have to have it installed. All you need is the first
the first installation disk of 2002. When you install 2003, it will ask you
to insert this disk. Once it verifies that you have this disk, it continues
with the installation.

Nak

Aug 25, 2003, 6:32:31 PM8/25/03
I don't have VS, I have VB, I am an unprofessional and don't deserve
special offers!

Nick.

"Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net" <to...@conpro.net> wrote in message

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Aug 25, 2003, 6:45:25 PM8/25/03
Hello,

"Nak" <a...@a.com> schrieb:

> I don't have VS, I have VB, I am an unprofessional and don't deserve
> special offers!

;-(

Nak

Aug 26, 2003, 4:13:00 AM8/26/03
But I use "Option Strict Off" so therefore I am a god and deserve it for
free!!! :-)

Nick.

Fergus Cooney

Aug 26, 2003, 4:26:52 AM8/26/03
Dear Nick

Aw, boo :-(
'S not fair.

Condolences,
Fergus

Nak

Aug 26, 2003, 4:46:04 AM8/26/03
:-(

Pah!, once Herfried has send me a copy of his world domination cd I'll show
everyone! :-)

Nick.

"Fergus Cooney" <wol...@tesco.net> wrote in message

Ed Crowley

Aug 26, 2003, 5:56:37 AM8/26/03

"Nak" <a...@a.com> wrote in message

> > Somebody mentioned a cheap offer which is available in the UK, but I do
> > not have any information on that.
>
> It was probably a vicious rumour for people like myself :-(

I've seen it on the MS UK site myself. I belive it was Ł29 incl VAT.

Nak

Aug 26, 2003, 6:54:56 AM8/26/03
> I've seen it on the MS UK site myself. I belive it was Ł29 incl VAT.

VB.NET 2002 Standard to VB.NET 2003 Standard?

Typical, Ł29, it's $29, should be Ł18.27 at the current exchange rate, so
Ł29 would actually make it $46.03!!!! I suppose that's what they like to
call business?

Nick.

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Aug 26, 2003, 7:32:08 AM8/26/03
Hello,

"Ed Crowley" <curs...@pacbell.net> schrieb:

> > > Somebody mentioned a cheap offer which is available in the UK, but I
do
> > > not have any information on that.
> >
> > It was probably a vicious rumour for people like myself :-(
>

> I've seen it on the MS UK site myself. I belive it was £29 incl VAT.

Are you sure this was an offer for VB .NET Standard users?!

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Aug 26, 2003, 7:33:29 AM8/26/03
Hello,

"Nak" <a...@a.com> schrieb:

> Pah!, once Herfried has send me a copy of his world domination cd I'll
show
> everyone! :-)

OK, but the CD's price is $100,000,000. I think VS .NET Professional is
cheaper.

;-)))

Cor

Aug 26, 2003, 7:47:00 AM8/26/03
Herfried,
Did you not make a mistake you wrote dollars not euros?
And you forgot an extra percentage for currencies wherefore it is in future
not ease to do the transition and are less portabel and maybe even
deprecated or dead!
:-)))))))))))))))))))))
Cor

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Aug 26, 2003, 7:59:13 AM8/26/03
Hi Cor,

"Cor" <n...@non.com> schrieb:

> Did you not make a mistake you wrote dollars not euros?

I don't know where Nick comes from.

> And you forgot an extra percentage for currencies wherefore it is in
future
> not ease to do the transition and are less portabel and maybe even
> deprecated or dead!

;-)))

Nak

Aug 26, 2003, 8:11:49 AM8/26/03
England, we don't have the failed Euro.... yet :-)

Nick.

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf...@m.activevb.de> wrote in message

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Aug 26, 2003, 8:17:37 AM8/26/03
Hello,

"Nak" <a...@a.com> schrieb:

> England, we don't have the failed Euro.... yet :-)

I hope we will reintroduce the "Österreichischen Schilling" in Austria soon.

SCNR

Nak

Aug 26, 2003, 9:32:05 AM8/26/03
I hope for your sake too!