Re: Send email with html body using System.net.mail

Message has been deleted

sloan

Nov 6, 2008, 7:10:05 PM11/6/08
First, do NOT MULTIPOST.

Etiquette is to CrossPost to one (or a few) germane newsgroups (The total #
of newsgroups should be a frugal number)

Now your issue.

You can try getting the source code here:
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry

Download the example. I am able to send html email through that code.

You should encapsulate your method better.
You have Session data being pulled from within your method. 8<

Go get the source code from my blog, and you will have an encapsulated
method.
Then use a different function to create the html you want to send.
Then call the method.

private string CreateHtml ( string absoluteLink , string msgBody )
{
return "<html><body>"+"<h3>Hi :"+msgBody+"</h3>"+"<br/>You
visited:"+absoluteLink +"</body></html>";
}

private void CollectInfoAndSendEmail()
{

string html = CreateHtml( " http: // www . yahoo .com " , "Billy" );
SendEmailFramework_1_1( GetSettings() , "me@ toyou.com" , "Message From
the System", html);

}

private EmailSmtpSettings GetSettings()
{
EmailSmtpSettings settings =
((EmailSmtpSettings)System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig(CONFIG_SECTION_NAME));
return settings;
}

//Change my methods signature:
SendEmailFramework_1_1( SmtpServerSettings serv , string toAddress , string
subjectLine , string htmlBody )

Encapsulate, and less-spaghetti'fy your code.

Note: SmtpServerSettings is my custom object available in the downloadable
sourcecode.

"anu b" <anup...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Now i am sending email to my friend using session variable...
>
> but my code is as below
>

> private bool SendEmail(string email)
> {
>

> try
>

> {
>

> using (MailMessage mail = new MailMessage())
> {
>

> string msgBody="";
> string message = "";
>

> //Load the template page for the email template.
>

> BlogEngine.Core.Page page2 = BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetPage(new
> Guid(Session["Content"].ToString() ));
>

> //Take the link for the main content page and add it to the content.
> Use HTML breaks.
>

> msgBody = page2.AbsoluteLink + "<br/>";msgBody += page2.Content +
> "<br/
>

>>";
>

> //Take the content for the email heading intro message. This is hard
> coded guid for the virtual page in the admin we created for sending
> the email
>
> BlogEngine.Core.Page page = BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetPage(new
> Guid("ff8f0685-9f6a-4758-855d-6018d9542963"));
> message = page.Content;
>

> // Add the 911 intro
>

> msgBody = message + "<br/>" + msgBody;
> //Email is from 911
>

> mail.From = new MailAddress(BlogSettings.Instance.Email);
>

> //This should add fields from the form for the user's name and thier
> email
>

> MailAddress ma = new MailAddress(this.txtTo.Text,
> this.txtFriendsName.Text);
> mail.To.Add(ma);
>

> mail.Subject = page.Title;
>

> //page content includes html
>

> mail.IsBodyHtml = true;
> //mail.BodyFormat = System.Web.Mail.MailFormat.Html;
>

> // AlternateView PlainView =
> AlternateView.CreateAlternateViewFromString("This is my Plain text
> Content, Viewable by those client that dont support html", null,
> "text/
> Plain");
>

> //AlternateView htmlView =
> AlternateView.CreateAlternateViewFromString("<b>this is bold text,
> and
> Viewable by those client that support html </b>", null, "text/html");
>

> //mail.AlternateViews.Add(PlainView);
>

> //mail.AlternateViews.Add(htmlView);
>

> mail.Body = msgBody;
>

> //mail.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;
>

> //mail.BodyEncoding.IsBrowserSave = true;
>

> //mail.Body = msgBody;
>

> Utils.SendMailMessage(mail);
>

> }
>

> return true;
>

> }
>

> catch (Exception ex)
> {
>
> if (User.Identity.IsAuthenticated)
> {
>

> if (ex.InnerException != null)
> lblStatus.Text = ex.InnerException.Message;
>

> else
>

> lblStatus.Text = ex.Message;
>

> }
>

> return false;
>

> }
> [...]

sloan

Nov 6, 2008, 9:52:59 PM11/6/08

PS
Utils.SendMailMessage(mail);

That code isn't available, so we have no idea what is happening in its
contents.

"sloan" <sl...@ipass.net> wrote in message