Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Datagridview header cells with vertical text

2.188 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Roger Tranchez

da leggere,
12 set 2007, 11:22:0212/09/07

Hello,

I have a datagridview with lots of columns selectable with a checkbox
control, and I would like to have its header text as narrow as a check box,
but for this I have to display its text vertically...

How can I achieve this ?

Very thanks in advance !
--
Roger Tranchez
MCTS

Linda Liu [MSFT]

da leggere,
12 set 2007, 23:41:1312/09/07
Hi Roger,

Sorry that I may not understand your question exactly. Could you please
explain more about your question?

Sincerely,
Linda Liu
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

Roger Tranchez

da leggere,
13 set 2007, 06:32:0013/09/07
Hello,

Here's an example:

You can see below a datagridview with two columns with their header text
"text1" and "text2". The values for these columns are boolean, so I use the
checkbox to introduce the values (represented by Xs) as follows:

t t
e e
x x
t t
1 2 ...
X X

As you can see, the header text are "vertically oriented" because I want to
make the best use of the form's space (I will have LOTS of checkbox columns)
... and I don't know how to achieve this "vertical effect".

I hope you can understand what I mean.

Thanks,

--
Roger Tranchez
MCTS

Roger Tranchez

da leggere,
13 set 2007, 10:46:0213/09/07
I'm sorry but I have to make a correction:

the header text must go from bottom to top:

imagine you have a book in front of you, and you rotate it 90 degrees
counter-clockwise. This is the orientation I want for the text in the headers
(you will read it from bottom to top, letters will be 90 degrees-rotated)

Thanks,

Roger

--
Roger Tranchez
MCTS

Linda Liu [MSFT]

da leggere,
14 set 2007, 05:04:4914/09/07
Hi Roger,

Thank you for your reply and detailed explanation! I can understand your
question now.

Firstly, to custom draw a DataGridView, we need to handle its CellPainting
event.

Secondly, to draw a vertical oriented text, we could call the
Graphics.DrawString(string,Brush,RectangleF,StringFormat) method passing an
instance of StringFormat with a DirectionVertical format flag to this
method. For example:

System.Drawing.StringFormat drawFormat = new System.Drawing.StringFormat();
drawFormat.FormatFlags = StringFormatFlags.DirectionVertical;
// g is a Graphics object. The text "hello" will be drawn in vertical
orientation
g.DrawString("hello", this.Font, Brushes.Orange, new PointF(0,
0),drawFormat);

Unfortunately, the reading direction of the text "hello" would be from top
to bottom using the above method, which doesn't meet your requirement.

A solution is to call the Graphics.TranslateTransform and RotateTransform
methods to get what you want. The following is a sample.

void dataGridView1_CellPainting(object sender,
DataGridViewCellPaintingEventArgs e)
{
if (e.RowIndex == -1 && e.ColumnIndex >= 0)
{
e.PaintBackground(e.ClipBounds, true);
Rectangle rect =
this.dataGridView1.GetColumnDisplayRectangle(e.ColumnIndex, true);
Size titleSize =
TextRenderer.MeasureText(e.Value.ToString(), e.CellStyle.Font);
if (this.dataGridView1.ColumnHeadersHeight <
titleSize.Width)
this.dataGridView1.ColumnHeadersHeight =
titleSize.Width;

e.Graphics.TranslateTransform(0, titleSize.Width);
e.Graphics.RotateTransform(-90.0F);

e.Graphics.DrawString(e.Value.ToString(), this.Font,
Brushes.Orange, new PointF(rect.Y, rect.X));

e.Graphics.RotateTransform(90.0F);
e.Graphics.TranslateTransform(0, -titleSize.Width);
e.Handled = true;
}
}

In addition, you could set the AutoSizeColumnsMode property of the
DataGridView to AllCellsExceptHeader in order to make the DataGridView
compact.

Hope this helps.
If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Roger Tranchez

da leggere,
14 set 2007, 05:26:0214/09/07
Hello,

Really thanks for your answer; old Boss Bill can be proud of you 8-D.

I'll implement it this way.

--
Roger Tranchez
MCTS

saidlahlou

da leggere,
13 apr 2010, 10:57:1713/04/10

Hi All,

I don't know whether it's the right place to post this question, but I'm taking a chance ..

Actually, we have our custom ListView control which have a win32 HeaderControl. As you may know, the win32 HeaderControl doesn't offer that mutch flexibility and I'm so surprise that winforms does not have an equivalent control ...!

My question: Is there a way to use the DataGridView Header with our Custom List control?? In other words, which control the DataGridView is using to build the header row??

Thanks in advance.

Said

v-lli wrote:

RE: Datagridview header cells with vertical text
14-Sep-07

Hi Roger,

On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:22 AM
run178 wrote:

Datagridview header cells with vertical text
Hello,

..NET 2005 and DB developer

On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:41 PM
v-lli wrote:

RE: Datagridview header cells with vertical text
Hi Roger,

Sorry that I may not understand your question exactly. Could you please
explain more about your question?

Sincerely,
Linda Liu
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

On Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:32 AM
run178 wrote:

[...]

"Linda Liu [MSFT]" wrote:

On Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:46 AM
run178 wrote:

RE: Datagridview header cells with vertical text

I'm sorry but I have to make a correction:

the header text must go from bottom to top:

imagine you have a book in front of you, and you rotate it 90 degrees
counter-clockwise. This is the orientation I want for the text in the headers
(you will read it from bottom to top, letters will be 90 degrees-rotated)

Thanks,

Roger

--
Roger Tranchez
MCTS
..NET 2005 and DB developer

"Roger Tranchez" wrote:

On Friday, September 14, 2007 5:04 AM
v-lli wrote:

RE: Datagridview header cells with vertical text
Hi Roger,

On Friday, September 14, 2007 5:26 AM
run178 wrote:

RE: Datagridview header cells with vertical text
Hello,

Really thanks for your answer; old Boss Bill can be proud of you 8-D.

I'll implement it this way.

--
Roger Tranchez
MCTS
..NET 2005 and DB developer

"Linda Liu [MSFT]" wrote:

BizTalk Repeating Structures Table Looping and Table Extract
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/73bf7539-4c13-43a5-a580-a5704fe31a76/biztalk-repeating-structu.aspx

0 nuovi messaggi