Datagrid and TableStyle in Master Detail table

Vincenzo Quacquarelli

Nov 9, 2007, 10:33:34 AM11/9/07
I have modifiy the column style of a datagrid at desing time but at runtime
the datagrid set the standard style as Width = 50 ...
The grid is linked at two table in Master/Detail
I use Visual Studio 2005 and Vb .
--
Thanks

Vincenzo

Arun

Nov 9, 2007, 12:43:22 PM11/9/07
Couldn't really understand your problem, can you eloborate the
problem..posibly with your code snippet?

Vincenzo Quacquarelli

Nov 10, 2007, 4:13:34 AM11/10/07
I try to be more clear:
I have modified the width column in a datagrid, using visual studio wizard
tool.
But executing the program, no modify is applied.
This situation happens in a master/detail two table set, on the detail
table.
The environment is Windows CE 5.0
Where do I go wrong ?
Thanks
Vincenzo

"Arun" <arunkuma...@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Arun

Nov 12, 2007, 3:01:45 PM11/12/07
On Nov 10, 1:13 am, "Vincenzo Quacquarelli" <en...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> I try to be more clear:
> I have modified the width column in a datagrid, using visual studio wizard
> tool.
> But executing the program, no modify is applied.
> This situation happens in a master/detail two table set, on the detail
> table.
> The environment is Windows CE 5.0
> Where do I go wrong ?
> Thanks
> Vincenzo
>
> "Arun" <arunkumarselva...@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggionews:1194630202....@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

> > Couldn't really understand your problem, can you eloborate the
> > problem..posibly with your code snippet?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/b6e2854081b11346/320b18ccde7392b7?lnk=gst&q=Arun+DataGridTableStyle&rnum=1#320b18ccde7392b7

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/e6515228725b35c2/a1811b91c131ff16?lnk=gst&q=DataGridTableStyle+Arun#a1811b91c131ff16

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/search?group=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework&q=DataGridTableStyle

Better use word "DataGridTableStyle" and do a google compact framework
group search
you will get lots of threads discussed the same topic and few will
really help you to start with.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Arun.

> > On Nov 9, 7:33 am, "Vincenzo Quacquarelli" <en...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have modifiy the column style of a datagrid at desing time but at
> >> runtime
> >> the datagrid set the standard style as Width = 50 ...
> >> The grid is linked at two table in Master/Detail
> >> I use Visual Studio 2005 and Vb .
> >> --
> >> Thanks
>

> >> Vincenzo- Hide quoted text -

Vincenzo Quacquarelli

Nov 28, 2007, 6:52:09 AM11/28/07
Hi Arun,
please see this example
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/it-it/library/7bx62e55(VS.80).aspx

it contain a detailed procedure to create two datagrid in relation
(master-detail)

I have modified the width column in OrdersDatagrid

But executing the program, no modify is applied

"Arun" <arunkuma...@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Arun

Nov 28, 2007, 7:26:07 PM11/28/07
I followed the steps to recreate your problem, I could find a work
around.
Add a ListChanged event for the detail grid binding source
(orders_FK00BindingSource) and add the code to modify the TableStyle,
I have added the example below.

You need to add the other columns with the width of your choice and
remove the replicated code from the InitializeComponent()
If you run the code you will only see 3 columns and the width of
OrderID column is 10.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Arun

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
private void orders_FK00BindingSource_ListChanged(object sender,
ListChangedEventArgs e)
{
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBoxColumn
order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn;
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBoxColumn
customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1;
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBoxColumn
employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn;
order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn = new
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBoxColumn();
customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1 = new
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBoxColumn();
employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn = new
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTextBoxColumn();
//
// order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn
//
order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.Format =
"";

order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.FormatInfo = null;

order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.HeaderText = "Order
ID";

order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.MappingName = "Order
ID";

order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.PropertyDescriptor =
null;
order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.Width =
10;
//
// customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1
//

customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1.Format = "";

customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1.FormatInfo =
null;

customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1.HeaderText =
"Customer ID";

customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1.MappingName =
"Customer ID";

customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1.PropertyDescriptor
= null;
//
// employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn
//
employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.Format
= "";

employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.FormatInfo = null;

employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.HeaderText =
"Employee ID";

employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.MappingName =
"Employee ID";

employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn.PropertyDescriptor
= null;
//
// ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle
//
this.ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle = new
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridTableStyle();

this.ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle.GridColumnStyles.Add(order_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn);

this.ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle.GridColumnStyles.Add(customer_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn1);

this.ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle.GridColumnStyles.Add(employee_IDDataGridColumnStyleDataGridTextBoxColumn);
this.ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle.MappingName =
"Orders";
//
// ordersDataGrid
//
this.ordersDataGrid.DataSource =
this.orders_FK00BindingSource;
this.ordersDataGrid.TableStyles.Clear();

this.ordersDataGrid.TableStyles.Add(this.ordersTableStyleDataGridTableStyle);
}