Disable sound notifications?

Tomer

Jul 24, 2005, 3:18:42 AM7/24/05
I'm running an application on a windows ce, and I wish to disable the sound
notifications by code.
You can see the sound notifications check box in the control panel , volume
& sounds application, volume tab.

Any help?

Tomer.

Sergey Bogdanov

Jul 25, 2005, 2:17:45 AM7/25/05
All that settings are stored in the:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]

use can use OpenNETCF.Win32.Registry class to modify it.

--
Sergey Bogdanov [.NET CF MVP, MCSD]
http://www.sergeybogdanov.com

Tomer

Jul 25, 2005, 9:44:05 AM7/25/05
Hi Sergey,

I have only volume,mute,screen and key items in that registry.
Are there any new keys I should add in order to disable the sound
notifications, or is it just not stored in the registery?

Thanks, Tomer.

"Sergey Bogdanov" <sergey....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Sergey Bogdanov

Jul 25, 2005, 9:15:33 AM7/25/05
I recomend you to see carefully the Mute values. Not sure about your
device but my iPilot 8000 has the following description:

0 bit - Notifications sounds
1 bit - Applications sounds
2 bit - Events sounds

Based on the description above if you set the "Mute" value to 6 (110b)
you will disable "Notifications".

Tomer

Jul 26, 2005, 2:56:55 AM7/26/05
Hi Sergey,

That did the trick! Thanks a bunch!!

Tomer.

"Sergey Bogdanov" <sergey....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Tomer

Jul 26, 2005, 5:33:36 AM7/26/05
Hi Sergey,

The registry change from code doesn't take effect right away, I've tried
using NotifyWinUserSystem function but with no success.

Tomer.

Sergey Bogdanov

Jul 26, 2005, 6:25:47 AM7/26/05
You may try to send WM_WININICHANGE message; otherwise you have to soft
reset a device for the changes to take effect.

const int WM_WININICHANGE = 0x001A;
const int HWND_BROADCAST = 0xffff;

Win32Window.SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_WININICHANGE, 0xf2, 0);