Beginner tutorial

1 view

Adynan

Jun 7, 2005, 1:47:43 AM6/7/05
Hi
can you guide me about some beginners tutorial for smart client
application development in .NET?

thanks

Chance Hopkins

Jun 7, 2005, 2:33:44 AM6/7/05
enjoy:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/CompactFramework/

There are also LOTS of good third party sites out there (I haven't listed
any for fear I will upset those I omit. I'll leave it to them) and some more
advanced stuff in the MSDN.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnanchor/html/NETCompactFrame.asp

Don't miss the FAQ (you'll just get directed to it, if you ask anything here
that's been covered in there.)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/smartclient/community/cffaq/default.aspx

"Adynan" <vola...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Arun

Jun 7, 2005, 7:44:25 AM6/7/05
I feel MSDN is the best book for device programming
http://msdn.microsoft.com/smar­tclient/understanding/netcf/

These Links will always help you in Compact Framework development, You
can find tons of articles here in these links.

http://www.opennetcf.org

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/q­uickstart/CompactFramework/

http://www.codeproject.com/net­cf/

http://www.dotnetcf.com/

http://www.devbuzz.com/

http://www.businessanyplace.ne­t/

http://smartdevices.microsoftd­ev.com/

Enjoy coding,

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Arun.
www.innasite.com

hashim...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2005, 2:23:31 PM6/7/05
There are several smart client samples out there that can get you going
pretty quickly. The references I list below are sample smart client
applications released by Microsoft (or their partners) The samples (in
order) are called: TaskVision, IssueVision and FotoVision. TaskVision
and IssueVision are samples for building WinForms based smart clients.
FotoVision is the only one of the three that has a smart client
implmentation targeting the compact framework. If you are building a
WinForms smart client, I would start with TaskVision and then goto
IssueVision. Once you understand these two, you will be able to easily
implement a smart client. If you have to build a compact framework
smart client, then go directly to FotoVision.

Here are the links:

http://www.windowsforms.net/Applications/application.aspx?PageID=20&tabindex=8
http://www.windowsforms.net/Applications/application.aspx?PageID=40&tabindex=8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/smartclient/codesamples/fotovision/default.aspx