ShowDialog animation

L Martinsson

Apr 21, 2005, 4:18:22 AM4/21/05
Hello,
When I show a dialog on my CE device using ShowDialog the showing
process is animated. It starts with a rectangle in the middle of the
screen and the rectangle is growing and moving to its final position
and size for the dialog. The closing process is also animated.
Does anyone know how to turn this animation effect off?
Thanks / Lars

Arun

Apr 21, 2005, 5:48:28 AM4/21/05
Are you referring to WaitCursor.
Check the sample in your machine, usually installed in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio.NET\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.3300\Samples\PocketPC\VC#\WaitCursor

To start the animation
Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor
To Stop use this
Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default
If you are implementing with try catch, include Cursor.Current =
Cursors.Default in finally.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Arun.
www.innasite.com

Daniel Moth

Apr 21, 2005, 6:16:49 PM4/21/05
Assuming you are running at least SP2...
...create a registry DWORD value to 0 HKLM\System\GWE Animate
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceui40/html/ceconuserinterfaceregistrysettings.asp

Cheers
Daniel
--