context-menu copy/paste

robert

Dec 9, 2004, 2:57:04 AM12/9/04
Hello,

I added the TextboxOperations class und the ClipBoard class form OpenNETCF
page to my project,
but I do not exactly know how I have to use one of these classes that the
copy-paste function works? :(

thx

robert

Peter Foot [MVP]

Dec 9, 2004, 3:40:20 AM12/9/04
None of the standard .NETCF controls have Clipboard support out of the box.
TextBoxEx in the OpenNETCF SDF adds Cut Copy and Paste methods. For some
other controls you can interact with the clipboard by getting the control
handle, and sending a WM_COPY etc message to the native control. You can
view the TextBoxEx code for an example of how this might be done.
The clipboard class in the SDF currently only works directly with text data.
It can either be used exactly like it's desktop counterpart or using the
SetClipboardText and GetClipboardText methods.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

"robert" <rob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

robert

Dec 9, 2004, 6:57:03 AM12/9/04
Hello,

I tried the TextBoxEx class and the copy paste work with the virtual
keyboard. But is it not possible to create a little context menu, which is
open when the user marks with the pen the text in the textBox? - How does
this work? :(

thx

robert

Peter Foot [MVP]

Dec 9, 2004, 11:10:11 AM12/9/04
Yes you should be able to add a ContextMenu. You'll have to create a context
menu and add Cut, Copy, Paste options, and set the ContextMenu property of
the TextBoxEx to this menu. Then in the handlers for Cut Copy and Paste call
the respective methods on the TextBoxEx.

Peter