ASP.net version mismatch

1 view

vlu

Sep 10, 2003, 4:17:24 AM9/10/03
I recently upgraded .net framework to v1.1 and want to
learn about asp applications.
Prior to ugrading I have removed the old .NET framework
v1.0 and installed IIS (WinXP) then reinstall the new .Net
V1.1 framework and Visual studio V1.1. At the end of
installation, I get the message no error and installation
successful.

When I tried to open a new ASP project (C#), I
consistently gets the message below:
"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the web server is
running ASP.NET version 1.0. The web application you are
creating or opening can be compliant with ASP.NET 1.0
However, the appliaction will not be able to use new
feature from ASP.NET 1.1"

Under this message there are 2 option
1. Donot open the application. I will upgrade ASP.NET to
latest version
2. Make the application compliant with ASP.NET 1.0

When I chose the 2nd option, I cant even open the new
project!!

Can someone help??

Thanks.

Chris Jackson

Sep 10, 2003, 1:35:40 PM9/10/03
1. You don't need to uninstall the 1.0 framework - one of the key design
goals was side by side execution, so you can leave both there.

2. You may need to re-install the framework and tell IIS which version you
want to use. Use the aspnet_regiis tool from whichever version (1.0 or 1.1)
you want to use on that site. In your case, use the 1.1 version's tool, and
your web server will be configured the way you like.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer
"vlu" <linkv...@hotmail.com> wrote in message