System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

Rupa Padia

Mar 30, 2003, 2:15:33 AM3/30/03
Hello,

I have been trying to create a object of "ACRODISTXLib.PdfDistiller()" after
adding reference of ACRODISTXLib, to use PDF Distiller 5.0 in my .aspx page.

I have written the code :

Dim objPDFPrinter As New ACRODISTXLib.PdfDistiller()

The same thing is working in vb application.

I have assigned the write permission to my virtual directory and my
"node\aspnet" is added as Administrator.

But, it shows the mentioned error, "The ASP.NET process is not authorized to
access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET
process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges.
Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET process
identity."

Rupa

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Mar 30, 2003, 6:37:09 PM3/30/03
Don't forget that in a compiled VB app, your user rights are being passed
through wherever required. Not the same in the Web server context.

It is possible that the ASPNET process needs access to components or DLLs
elsewhere on your computer.

Does it still fail if you set the ASPNET account as SYSTEM?

http://www.aspalliance.com/kenc/faq2.aspx

You may also want to use impersonation to give the required access for an
individual Web:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/gngrfidentitysection.asp

Ken

"Rupa Padia" <ru...@thegt.com> wrote in message

rupa padia

Mar 31, 2003, 8:20:04 AM3/31/03

Thank for the infot. My Distiller object requires .ps file and genertes
pdf for that.
How can I generate .ps file from html or any other ? Can we directly
create pdf doc and edit that in .net ?

It doesn't allo me in .Net :
PDDoc = Server.CreateObject("Acrobat.CAcroPDDoc")

Rupa