server won't run asp.net app

GaryDean

Dec 4, 2007, 2:22:43 PM12/4/07
We have a new server2003 machine that was built like all the rest - IIS and
everything needed to run asp.net apps. We have a test asp.net website that
we use for new machines to make sure everything works right.

This new server won't run our test app. It won't run .aspx pages. It will
run default.htm just fine. We cant see anything wrong with it.

for instance it won't run http://69.50.211.122/default.aspx
but it will run http://69.50.211.122/default.htm

feel free to try it.

We have another instance of the website under the default website and it has
exactly the same problems.

What could it be??
Thanks,
Gary

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Dec 4, 2007, 4:26:00 PM12/4/07
The usual culprit is that you do not have ASP.NET applications enabled in
IIS. IIS 6.0 and later come pretty much "Locked down" to anything but plain
old HTML.

--Peter
"Inside every large program, there is a small program trying to get out."
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
http://www.blogmetafinder.com

Alexey Smirnov

Dec 4, 2007, 4:42:03 PM12/4/07
On Dec 4, 8:22 pm, "GaryDean" <GaryD...@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> We have a new server2003 machine that was built like all the rest - IIS and
> everything needed to run asp.net apps. We have a test asp.net website that
> we use for new machines to make sure everything works right.
>
> This new server won't run our test app. It won't run .aspx pages. It will
> run default.htm just fine. We cant see anything wrong with it.
>
> for instance it won't runhttp://69.50.211.122/default.aspx
> but it will runhttp://69.50.211.122/default.htm

> feel free to try it.
>
> We have another instance of the website under the default website and it has
> exactly the same problems.
>
> What could it be??
> Thanks,
> Gary

Look at the Documents tab in website's properties (IIS)

Alexey Smirnov

Dec 4, 2007, 5:02:35 PM12/4/07
> Look at the Documents tab in website's properties (IIS)- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, please ignore my post. Of course, you have to look at the Web
Service Extensions

GaryDean

Dec 4, 2007, 5:40:16 PM12/4/07
Yes, the web service extension for asp.net 2.0 was not activated. I suppose
that was due to an error made during the .net framework 2.0 install. I
activated it and now it works.
Thanks
Gary
"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alexey Smirnov

Dec 5, 2007, 2:47:47 AM12/5/07
On Dec 4, 11:40 pm, "GaryDean" <GaryD...@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> Yes, the web service extension for asp.net 2.0 was not activated. I suppose
> that was due to an error made during the .net framework 2.0 install. I
> activated it and now it works.
> Thanks
> Gary"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smir...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Look at the Documents tab in website's properties (IIS)- Hide quoted
> >> text -

> > Sorry, please ignore my post. Of course, you have to look at the Web
> > Service Extensions- Hide quoted text -

It's disabled by default on Win2003. I'm glad that it's working now
for you.