Web.config error

Russ Bjorgaard

Sep 11, 2002, 12:21:59 PM9/11/02
Does anyone see my error here?
Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Only elements allowed

Source Error:

Line 3:
Line 4: <appSettings>
Line 5: <add key="connectionString" value="data source=mysource;initial
catalog=mydb;persist security info=False;uid=Fred;pwd=Flintstone1;packet
size=4096"/>
Line 6: </appSettings>
Line 7:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Bonds\web.config Line: 5

Greg Burns

Sep 11, 2002, 12:39:08 PM9/11/02
Russ,

Make sure you are placing <appSettings> inside of <configuration> but
outside of <system.web>

Greg

"Russ Bjorgaard" <ru...@acordiamn.com> wrote in message

Russ Bjorgaard

Sep 11, 2002, 12:50:16 PM9/11/02
I double checked it is inside of the <configuration> and outside of the
<system.web>. Very strange, could it be the way I am calling it?
ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["connectionString"].ToString();

Greg Burns

Sep 11, 2002, 12:58:53 PM9/11/02
I believe AppSettings already returns a string. But regardless, there error
is typical of a syntax problem in your web.config. Remeber XML is case
sensitive. Though I noticed nothing wrong in your example.

If you want to email me you web.config I'll take a look.

greg_...@hotmail.com

Greg

"Russ Bjorgaard" <ru...@acordiamn.com> wrote in message

Greg Burns

Sep 11, 2002, 1:40:47 PM9/11/02
Weird. You're web.config had a hidden character (Ā) that I could only see
by opening in PrimalScript. Delete you whole appSettings sections and
retype. It will work. I will send you a copy that does.

MCSD
Greg

"Greg Burns" <greg_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message