Need bin directory in my web to add httpmodule

JJA

Sep 6, 2006, 6:43:56 PM9/6/06
I'm trying to implement global unhandled exception handling with an
HTTPModule as described at
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ASPNETExceptionHandling.asp.

I've downloaded and looked at the demo solution which creates a .dll in
its \bin folder and now I am wanting to follow the instruction that
says:

"...means you can retrofit unhandled exception handling to any ASP.NET
website with ease -- just copy the ASPUnhandledException.dll file to
the \bin folder".

BUT - my website does not have a \bin folder (even when I click "show
all files").

When I try to create one manually via clicking "add ASP.NET folder", it
creates one but then I try to copy in the ASPUnhandledException.dll
from the \bin in the demo solution to the bin folder in the website and
I get this error message:

"The source files for this operation cannot be found in this solution".

My web site is in progress but I have run it many times. Why would I
not have a \bin folder? How can I create one that I can then add this
.dll to it.

nospam ]Paal @everywheredotcom Jon Paal

Sep 6, 2006, 8:48:38 PM9/6/06
just open windows explorer, navigate to the website root and create a folder called "bin"
paste the dll into the bin folder

REMOVE @removeopenmymindremovemetoo.andmenet Karl Seguin [MVP]

Sep 6, 2006, 9:35:06 PM9/6/06
If you are using 2005, simply right click on your project, pick "add
Reference", browse to the DLL, and click on it. That should automatically
copy the dll to your bin folder when you run/compile.

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.codebetter.com/

JJA

Sep 7, 2006, 11:30:47 AM9/7/06
Thanks guys. I tried both your suggestions and this worked fine.

I introduced an unhandled error in my Page_Load sub in my default.aspx
and this exception handler kicked in a worked beautifully.