Windows control in .ASPX page

Karthikeyan.T.S

Jul 18, 2006, 6:09:01 AM7/18/06
I have an .ASPX page in which a DLL (WindowsControlLibrary) has been embedded
through the <OBJECT> tag. I am able to get the control visually by calling it
in the JavaScript.But I am unable to access the Public property/methods from
that WindowsControl.I am using .NET Framework 2.0.
What would be the reason for this ?
Kindly advise.

@-h-o-t-m-a-i-l-c-o-m Alessandro Zifiglio

Jul 18, 2006, 8:58:14 AM7/18/06
After the enron dispute over their patent on embedded content, microsoft has
supplied an update which now prevents you from automatically interacting
with an embedded object, like a flash movie, or your winforms control hosted
in IE. You have to activate it first. I am not sure what you are dealing
with here but it seems to me that its not activated. Activation can be made
by clicking on the object first after its downloaded by the browser. To work
around this, you can embedd the object in script.

you can refer to this document on msdn :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/activating_activex.asp

I am not sure if you were already aware of all this and if it has nothing to
do with the issue you are facing, i'm just making a wild guess =P

Regards,
Alessandro Zifiglio
http://www.AsyncUI.net

"Karthikeyan.T.S" <Karthi...@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:172A932E-C3A1-4340...@microsoft.com...

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Jul 18, 2006, 2:07:28 PM7/18/06
It the properties dialog for your windows control library project, go to the
application tab and then click on the "assembly information..." button.
Then check the "make assembly COM-Visible" checkbox. Click ok, then rebuild
the control.
Now you *should* be able to call the public properties & methods of the
control.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Karthikeyan.T.S" <Karthi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Jul 20, 2006, 8:48:47 PM7/20/06
I'm assuming that you have exposed the public methods appropriately using
the required attributes in C# or the COMClass attribute in .NET?

--
Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley