Can't Find System.Web.UI.Design??

paul reed

Feb 9, 2004, 12:42:15 AM2/9/04
Hello,

I am trying to build a custom designer for a custom web control. I am even
using source found out on MSDN to base it on. These designers reference
ystem.Web.UI.Design
But for some reason I don't see that. I am using VSNET2003. I checked my
project, I am pointing at the 1.1 framework. I can do a help on it and find
it...yet when I have an imports statement it says that the "Design"
namespace can't be found.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Feb 9, 2004, 12:44:27 AM2/9/04

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in the community!

Based on my understanding, you want to write a customize control designer
for your web control. But you can not refer the System.Web.UI.Design
namespace.

I suppose you want to use System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner class.

Yes, it is included in System.Web.UI.Design namespace, but it is not
defined in System.Web.UI.Design.dll, it is defined in System.Design.dll
assembly.
You can determine it in ControlDesigner's document, there is a
"Requirements" section:
Assembly: System.Design (in System.Design.dll)

You can use "Add Reference" and in the ".NET" tab page, you can find this
assembly.

problem.

of assistance.
Have a nice day!!

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

paul reed

Feb 9, 2004, 9:30:48 AM2/9/04
Jeffrey,

Well...thank you again. I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Paul Reed
""Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]"" <v-j...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Feb 9, 2004, 8:43:15 AM2/9/04

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

I am glad my reply makes sense to you. :-)

If you have further concern, please feel free to post, I will help you.