Can someone please explain this behavior?

Justin Lazanowski

Jun 28, 2005, 8:47:36 AM6/28/05

I can't find any answers, I have no idea why this is happening.

I have a dataset. In this dataset there are three tables

RO

ROParts, ROLabor

ROParts and ROLabor are related to the RO table one to many relationship

PKEY on RO is the RO#, ROLOC, RODATE these three fields are replicated in
each of the child tables.

The relationship works fine, however when I bind them to a data grid and
drill to the child rows it includes all of the child fields plus all of the
parent fields (in the same row as the child data). I am not sure why this is
happening.

Any thoughts?

David Sceppa

Jun 29, 2005, 8:20:51 PM6/29/05
Justin,

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking about the
behavior of the DataGrid rather than about the DataSet, DataRow, or
DataRelation objects. Assuming that's the case, you'd stand a better
chance of getting a response by asking the question in the DataBinding
newsgroup at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.databinding.

I hope this information proves helpful.

David Sceppa
Microsoft
and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Cor Ligthert

Jun 30, 2005, 4:17:58 AM6/30/05
Justin,

Are you sure that you did not create a select with a Join.

That is the idea that I get when I read your message.

Cor

Justin Lazanowski

Jun 30, 2005, 8:20:20 AM6/30/05
Yeah, I found it two days ago.

Lesson learned. Beware of select * (especially when you are using a
join)

--
Sent via .NET Newsgroups
http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com