makefile.new U1087

vp.fo...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2008, 3:53:21 AM2/26/08
Hello!
I'm new to driver development and I implemented my first driver.
But can't compile it. I get this error:

errors in directory e:\my documents\projects\mydriver\mydriver
c:\winddk\6001.18000\bin\makefile.new(7040) : error U1087: cannot
have : and :: dependents for same target
errors in directory e:\my documents\projects\mydriver\mydriver
nmake.exe /nologo BUILDMSG=Stop. -i BUILD_PASS=PASS2 LINKONLY=1
NOPASS0=1 MAKEDIR_RELATIVE_TO_BASEDIR= failed - rc = 2

Why the build.exe not says in what file error occured?
Where can I get help about such errors?

Doron Holan [MSFT]

Feb 26, 2008, 12:35:18 PM2/26/08
try building in a path which does not have spaces in any folder name

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

<vp.fo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Maxim S. Shatskih

Feb 26, 2008, 1:18:00 PM2/26/08
In SOURCES file itself.

Look at the build log for more details.

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation

ashwin patti

Mar 26, 2008, 5:57:03 PM3/26/08
On Feb 26, 10:35 am, "Doron Holan [MSFT]"

<dor...@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> try building in a path which does not have spaces in any folder name

Thanks for the tip, it solved the problem.