Powerpoint 97

Stella

Mar 17, 2001, 3:16:31 PM3/17/01
I can see animations on the Microsoft site but when downloaded they don't
animate! I need to load into Powerpoint - any clues as to how??

Echo S

Mar 17, 2001, 5:39:32 PM3/17/01
PPT97 doesn't support animated gif files. PPT2000 does.

There are a couple of ways to get anigifs into PPT97.

1. Convert the GIF to AVI, which PPT97 handles nicely. Gif Construction
Set is one converter. http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html
Links to another (and instructions for converting) can be found at
http://www.soniacoleman.com/tutorials

2. You can drag and drop your GIF into PPT. Instructions for this can
also be found at http://www.soniacoleman.com in the Quick Tricks
section. This isn't a good solution if you're planning to distribute
your presentation to anyone, though, or use the PPT viewer to show the
file.

If anigif isn't the issue then holler back.
Echo
MS PPT MVP

Stella

Mar 18, 2001, 5:20:01 AM3/18/01
I have Paintshop Pro as indicated at www.soniacoleman.com and can convert the
anigif to avi but I still cannot see animations in PowerPoint - does this have
something to do with the PP viewer? Is there anything I can do? I have a
presentation to finish today and just wanted the end slide to have a bit of
animation over and above the rather limited PowerPoint stuff. I have seen some
neat little animations and it is so frustrating not to be able to use them. Any
ideas...

.

Echo S

Mar 18, 2001, 9:36:58 AM3/18/01
Stella, once you've converted the anigif to avi, insert it into PPT
(using Insert/Movie/From File), then right-click it and select Custom
Animation. On the Play Settings tab, select "play using animation order"
and choose your weapon there (continue slide show or pause slide show).
Also check the "more options" button on that tab--you can loop the movie
or rewind it if you want.

Then go to the "timing" tab and select animate automatically.

This should work in the Viewer as well.

stella

Mar 18, 2001, 12:53:12 PM3/18/01
I must have been missing out on doing something as it works now. Many thanks.

Echo
MS PPT MVP

.

francesco dati

Mar 19, 2001, 9:44:07 AM3/19/01

I can see animations on the Microsoft site but when downloaded they don't
animate! I need to load into Powerpoint - any clues as to how??

.I have the same "problem".
If you find a solution, please let it me know
Thank you in advance
Best regards
Francesco

Echo S