Record level security

hs

Apr 28, 2010, 12:56:10 PM4/28/10
in AX 2009 we have restricted access for a user to company c1,c2 using
domains. our Global address book is shared among c1,c2,c3 using Virtual
company.

Now when user create a new customer in c1 or c2 ,AX tries to creates address
in c1,c2,c3 which gives error "Stack Trace : Company c3 does not exist"

Now if i add C3 to domain, user is able to create customer in c1,c2
properkly.

My problem now is user can see C3 in the breadcrumb company list which i
want to restrict?PLease can you advise how can i do this...

I have tried using RLS Group to resttrict access to C1,C2 but this doesnot
help? as user can still see C3 in breadcrumb[Table i used was Company view]

PLease can you advise me of any other solutions ?

--
hs

SysProg

Apr 28, 2010, 1:55:01 PM4/28/10
Hi you can modify the sysDataAreaSelect form to "hide" c3. In the init
method of the datasource you can find the c3 record and set that the visible
property.

Hope this helps.

hs

Apr 29, 2010, 4:34:01 AM4/29/10
Excellent idea. Thanks for your help.I will try this solution.
--
hs

Randy Pedersen

Oct 11, 2010, 1:49:18 PM10/11/10
Did this solution work?
The form sysDataareaSelect is for the bottom right toolbar when you have the 'show company accounts' checked in the tools/options. If it controls the breadcrumb bar then great.
rp