Joining two databases (with password)

1 view

Jeremy Collins

Mar 3, 2005, 5:28:19 AM3/3/05
Hi all,

In Access, it's possible to query data from a table in another
Access file, using this syntax:

SELECT * FROM tb_table IN 'c:\folder\db_file.mdb'

Does anyone have an example of how to provide the password for
the second database? In an ADO connection string I'd use
'Jet OLEDB:DatabasePassword=XYZ', but I can't figure out how to
do it with Jet SQL.

Cheers,

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Joseph Meehan

Mar 3, 2005, 7:08:42 AM3/3/05

Have you considered user level security?

I suggest you start by reading
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];207793

Access security is a great feature, but it is, by nature a complex product
with a very steep learning curve. Properly used it offers very safe
versatile protection and control. However a simple mistake can easily lock
you out of your database, which might require the paid services of a
professional to help you get back in.

Practice on some copies to make sure you know what you are doing.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Mar 3, 2005, 7:45:30 AM3/3/05
hi,
that should do it.
this is what i know as a remote query.
you can find out more at gary robinson's site.
http://www.vb123.com/toolshed/02_accvb/remotequeries.htm

>.

onedaywhen

Mar 4, 2005, 9:31:01 AM3/4/05
Jeremy Collins wrote:
> In Access, it's possible to query data from a table in another
> Access file, using this syntax:
>
> SELECT * FROM tb_table IN 'c:\folder\db_file.mdb'
>
> Does anyone have an example of how to provide the password for
> the second database? In an ADO connection string I'd use
> 'Jet OLEDB:DatabasePassword=XYZ', but I can't figure out how to
> do it with Jet SQL.

Try this:

SELECT * FROM
[MS Access;