How can I ensure only increments of .25 are entered in a field

Tony

Apr 12, 2004, 5:02:25 PM4/12/04
Hi Tara,

How about creating a LaborHours table that includes the
labor hours (i.e. .25, .5, .75, 1, 1.25, etc) Then create
a combo box for them to select from. Within the combo
box, set the "limit to list" values to true so that they
can only select what been populated within the Labor Hours
table.

HTH,

Tony

validation rule that only allows a user to enter hours (of
labor) in increments of a quarter hour (e.g. 2.00, 2.25,
2.50, or 2.75...) Can anyone shed some light on how I can
do this. I can't find anything in Help.

>Thanks,
>Tara
>.

Dirk Goldgar

Apr 13, 2004, 2:31:54 PM4/13/04
"Tara" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, Tony.
>
> That actually had crossed my mind, but I decided against it. This is
> for a database homework assignment (it's OK, I'm allowed to ask
> questions online...), and in the scenario I think there would be a
> wide enough range of "hours of labor" that a drop down combo box
> would be cumbersome (there are times when hrs labor might be 19 or
> 20, and if I multiply that by 4 there are too many items in the list
> - 19.00, 19.25, 19.50, 19.75 etc... I was hoping there was some way
> to do a validation rule. Anybody else have any ideas? I'd really
> appreciate the help.
>
> Thanks, Tara

This might be good enough for practical purposes:

([HoursLabor]*4)=Int([HoursLabor]*4)

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com