Number Field Set As Currency

accessuser1308

Aug 30, 2007, 10:20:01 AM8/30/07
I currently have a field on my form/table that is set as a number field.
Under the format option I have selected 'currency'. When I enter a dollar
amount it is rounding to the nearest whole dollar. Is there a way to make it
stop doing this, such that it displays the correct amount.

Thank you

Al Campagna

Aug 30, 2007, 10:24:56 AM8/30/07
accessuser1308,
In your table design... what Numeric "type" is it.
If you have it set to Byte, Integer, or Long Integer... those types will
not accept decimals
Try Numeric - Single
--
hth
Al Campagna

"accessuser1308" <accessu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Dirk Goldgar

Aug 30, 2007, 10:26:39 AM8/30/07
In news:37F44850-470F-46B4...@microsoft.com,

Set the Field Type to Currency, not Number. The field type is different
from its Format, and you currently have it set to one of the integer
field sizes -- probably Long Integer.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

accessuser1308

Aug 30, 2007, 10:38:01 AM8/30/07
Al,

Thank you for the quick response. I did not realize that Long Integer could
not accept decimals.

Thanks

accessuser1308

Aug 30, 2007, 10:38:07 AM8/30/07
Dirk,

Thank you for the quick response. I completely overlooked the fact that
there was a currency option for field type.

Thank you.

Joseph Meehan

Aug 30, 2007, 11:25:58 AM8/30/07

Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

> Al,
>
> Thank you for the quick response. I did not realize that Long Integer
> could
> not accept decimals.

Don't feel bad we get that question a lot. An integer is by definition
a whole number, that's what makes it an integer. :-)