RE: Form not allowing data entry

Sprinks

Jun 7, 2006, 11:29:02 AM6/7/06
Alberta,

Check the textbox' Enabled and TabStop properties. A control with Enabled
set to No will not allow the cursor to enter the box, but the box will appear
grey. If Tab Stop is also set to No, the box will appear in its normal color.

Hope that helps.

Sprinks

"alberta323" wrote:

> My colleague has created a form for data entry of our clients, and the form
> looks good and will let us check boxes, but will not let us into the form
> fields. The text boxes where we would enter information (ie. name, ssn,
> employer, etc.) will not let us even select the box to put in text. I have
> made sure that additions, deletions, editing and data entry are allowed. What
> else can I do?

alberta323

Jun 7, 2006, 11:43:02 AM6/7/06
Checked those...but they were both set to yes. Any other ideas?

aaron...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2006, 12:33:02 PM6/7/06

is your recordsource based on a query?

are you an idiot that uses MDB or are you using a real-mans database
like SQL Server and Access Data Projects??

-Aaron

alberta323

Jun 7, 2006, 12:46:03 PM6/7/06
um...i didn't get the memo about manly databases...but i can tell you that it
is not based on a query.

xRoachx

Jun 7, 2006, 3:25:01 PM6/7/06
LMAO, I didn't get the memo either...

Anyhow, did you check the locked property as well?

aaron...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2006, 1:58:20 AM6/12/06
sorry that you wimps missed that memo.

grow some balls and use a real mans database.

whether it is sql server or msde; i dont care.

mdb is for stupid blind babies.

John Marshall, MVP

Jun 13, 2006, 6:23:51 PM6/13/06
Sorry, but SQL's a wimp. If it ain't on a mainframe, it ain't a database.

John...

<aaron...@gmail.com> wrote in message