Finishing Report with Blank Rows?

Tirelle

Feb 28, 2007, 11:21:10 PM2/28/07
I have a report which is a logsheet. Watchstander make entries in database
to populate the report. Log entries do not always fill all rows on a page of
the report. I think the report will hold about 34 entries per page. Is
there a method to print blank rows on report to continue filling it if log
entries do not(i.e. If there are only 24 entries, fill the remaining 10
entries to complete the format)? Each row contains a series of aligned and
bordered textboxes which I want to print as balnk rows to complete report
fomatting

Thank You
Tirelle Lee

Duane Hookom

Mar 1, 2007, 7:31:43 AM3/1/07
You can use the Line method in the On Page event of your report to draw all
boxes/borders.
Private Sub Report_Page()
Dim intNumLines As Integer
Dim intLineNumber As Integer
Dim intTopMargin As Integer
Dim ctl As Control
Dim intLineHeight As Integer

intNumLines = 24
intTopMargin = Me.Section(3).Height
intLineHeight = Me.Section(0).Height
For Each ctl In Me.Section(0).Controls
For intLineNumber = 0 To intNumLines - 1
Me.Line (ctl.Left, intTopMargin + _
(intLineNumber * intLineHeight)) _
-Step(ctl.Width, intLineHeight), , B
Next
Next
End Sub
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

Tirelle

Mar 1, 2007, 3:37:15 PM3/1/07
Thanks Duane. I put the the code under the Page Event. I did not metion the
the details section is part of a subreport. The subreports page event is not
running? Any ideas?
There are no oters event on this report?

Duane Hookom

Mar 1, 2007, 5:15:00 PM3/1/07
There are no Page events or sections in a subreport. You might be able to
draw the lines in the main report and set the subreport to transparent.