Creating a Chart on a report error

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

ksecrist

未读,
2006年11月30日 13:45:272006/11/30
收件人
Hi Access Guru's,

I am attempting to generate a chart on a report in which the user is prompted
to select a [Beginning Date] data and [Enddate]. When I try and run this an
error message indicates "The Microsoft Jet Database engine does not
recognize'[Beginning Date]' as a valid field name or expression". Then
another error message pops up regarding the size of the data.

What can I do to allow the user to select the date range of the data and then
print a report with a chart on it?

Thanks,

ksecrist

未读,
2006年11月30日 13:45:272006/11/30
收件人

Duane Hookom

未读,
2006年11月30日 17:50:022006/11/30
收件人
All date ranges and other criteria should be entered into controls on forms,
not prompt to users when they attempt to run a query. However, this is a user
interface issue and not your current problem.

Most row sources for charts are crosstab queries. Crosstab queries require
their designer to specify the data types of all criteria. This is done in the
query design by selecting Query->Parameters and entering:
[Beginning Date] DateTime
[Enddate] DateTime

Again, I would recommend treating your users to entering values into
controls on forms.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP