filter data in Access

aristaeus

Oct 19, 2006, 10:24:02 AM10/19/06
I have a query which uses grouping of data.
When I do a filter on the results of my query my text field (Stock
Description) suddenly becomes hieroglyphics (Chinese Characters). Has anybody
any ideas?

Allen Browne

Oct 19, 2006, 11:11:21 AM10/19/06
This can happen if Access fails to understand the data type correctly.

Make sure that every table in this query has a primary key.

If the Description is a Memo field, in the Group By row in query design,
choose First instead of Group By under this field.

If necessary, explicitly typecast the field with Str().

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

"aristaeus" <aris...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message