Exporting data from a SINGLE record to a Word mail merge

doebtown

Aug 28, 2006, 3:50:55 PM8/28/06
'K. I've seen this question going around before, but I'm not happy
with any of the solutions I've seen. So here goes:

My database keeps track of my court files. I have a form that I use to
enter new cases into the database. Once I'm about halfway finished
filling the information into the form, I need to take the data that
I've just entered into the form and export it to a Microsoft Word mail
merge form. What I do now is simply open the Main Document in Word and
set the mail merge tool to query the Primary Key of the record that I
just created, then execute the Mail Merge.

That seems like extra steps, though. I would like to have a button on
the form that automatically exports the data from the current record to
the pre-defined Word Main Document and executes the Mail Merge for me.

Any suggestions? I'm open to ANY help!