Why is Save As/Export field name so short? This is REAL STUPID!

1 view

Tony Toews

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

Folks

This is a comment aimed directly at Access developers.

Why the #@$@%^ in various area's, but especially when saving a form
under a different name, (When in design view of a form follow
File>>Save As/Export in Access 97) why, oh why, is the blasted form
name so darned short. My form names just about hit the maximum
possible length. And you show only, what, 15 characters?

And HECK this is WORSE than Access 2.0. This is what really ticks me
off.

And this happens elsewhere. My query names are the full length and
yet when I go to select them in various wizards and the like I can
only see the first 20 or 30 characters. Here especially this is REAL
STUPID! The difference between many queries is obviously near the end
isn't it? So I have to count down and say, ok there the query I want
is the sixth one down.

HEY MICROSOFT any of your developers really use the program in the
real world? Hey you book authors you mention that MS pay attention to
your opinions. haven't you folks brought this to their attention?

BTW while I'm ranting, this would be an excellent posting for a
general newsgroup wouldn't it? But no, some idiot manager at
Mickeysoft decided that everyone should be posting into specific
newsgroups.

Hey, maybe I should xpost this into all the Access newsgroups? No, I
won't do that!

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000? See www.granite.ab.ca/year2000 for more info.
Microsoft Access Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm