Exporting a Report to Html template

Lisa

May 2, 2006, 7:58:01 AM5/2/06
I am looking for some information on how far you can go with exporting an
Access Report to html template. I want to be able to format the template so
that certain fields are set up in a table in a certain order. Currently when
I export a report to HTML it puts each line in a table and it's very hard to
manipulate. Is there a way to better code the template and also the template
I have breaks out the pages and I would like to have the report run on a
continuous page and don't know how to change the code so it does. Here is
the code I used:

<HTML>

<head>
<TITLE><!--AccessTemplate_Title--></TITLE>

<!--
a:visited { color: #0000FF }
-->
</head>

<!--The following token places the object name in the title bar of the Web
browser.-->

<P ALIGN = CENTER>
<BODY BACKGROUND = "unsaved:///gray.jpg">

</BODY>

<!--The following token places all object output inside the <BODY> tag.-->

<!--AccessTemplate_Body-->

<BR><BR>

<P ALIGN = CENTER>Page <!--AccessTemplate_PageNumber-->.</P>

<!--The following HTML tag adds a company logo to the bottom of the Web
page.-->

</HTML>

John Nurick

May 2, 2006, 3:18:12 PM5/2/06
Hi Lisa,

I don't think the standard template setup takes you very far with what
you want to do. The documentation at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052692641033.aspx doesn't
hint at any further ways of controlling the way Access creates HTML
pages, such as putting the whole report in one HTML page. (If the report
is short, try setting a very large page size in the printer driver: if
it fits on one page in Print Preview it should end up on one HTML page.)

Otherwise, you may have to write VBA code that generates the HTML you
need.

Sometimes a useful technique is to create a query that includes HTML
tags in calculated fields (tags to contrl the formatting of the fields
in each record). Then export the query to a text file (space-delimited,
no text qualifiers). Finally add HTML headers (up to and including
to .htm.

On Tue, 2 May 2006 04:58:01 -0700, Lisa <Li...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.

mslla...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2016, 9:38:00 AM8/11/16
If you output a form, it will create a table.
The form name = HTML Table Name
The Tab order = the order the columns appear.