Bit field problems after installing A2003 SP3

Merlinus

Sep 28, 2007, 2:13:02 PM9/28/07
I've got an Access Project (ADP) with a SQL Server 2000 back-end that has
been running fine for years. Since installing SP3 the following is happening:

- In an Access form I can check a checkbox that is based on a bit field but
I cannot uncheck it. Once it is checked it remains checked.

- When editing the corresponding table from Access, I get the same behavior:
I can overtype true with false (or 0) but I can't store it; as soon as I try
to save the record or select another record it switches back to true.

- The default value of the field in SQL Server is set to 0; however when I
add a new record in Access, the field defaults to true...

(I can change the field value by using SQL Server Enterprise Manager.)

Any suggestions?
Thank you,

Renee

Ken Snell (MVP)

Sep 28, 2007, 3:24:31 PM9/28/07
It's a bug that has been introduced by 2003 SP3. MS is aware of it.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Merlinus" <Merl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message