html5boilerplate theme

Tom von Schwerdtner

Mar 4, 2011, 1:44:17 PM3/4/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
So I mixed html5boilerplate (pulled a lot from the Wordpress theme)
and Breakfast, a theme from http://www.opensourcedesign.com/ and came
up with a starter for Mezzanine. I'd normally wait to tell anyone
until it's more presentable but I tend to be easily distracted so I
figured I'd let yall know.

You can find it here:

https://github.com/tvon/mezzanine-html5boilerplate

It's not even setuptools-ified, kind of shameful....

It does feature front-end admin controls that look kind of
grappelli-esque, see two images here: http://civicit.com/~tvon/images/

I also added a page_by_slug template tag so you could, for example,
create a page named 'index' and use it as front-page content (as the
theme does). page_by_id is in there too though I don't use it for
anything.

I hope someone gets some use out of it. Comments welcome, and I'll
address any issues brought up as best as I can.

-Tom

step

Mar 4, 2011, 7:53:09 PM3/4/11
to Mezzanine Users
Hi Tom, great work on the editable_toolbar styling.
Made a couple minor tweaks/fixes at https://github.com/stepmr/mezzanine-html5boilerplate

Re using: ⇒ and ⇐ , Webkit seems to render the characters at
different sizes... looks a little strange. I was thinking about
trying something with grappelli's icon-actions_changelist.png.

On Mar 4, 1:44 pm, Tom von Schwerdtner <tomv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I mixed html5boilerplate (pulled a lot from the Wordpress theme)
> and Breakfast, a theme fromhttp://www.opensourcedesign.com/and came

Stephen McDonald

Mar 4, 2011, 11:10:16 PM3/4/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com, Tom von Schwerdtner
Wow, nice work Tom it looks fantastic!
--
Stephen McDonald

Tom von Schwerdtner

Mar 6, 2011, 7:30:28 PM3/6/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I pulled in your changes.

I want to avoid including images (except for that banner image which will probably go away at some point), but small icons can be base64 encoded and included in the css fairly easily.

-Tom

Alexei

Jun 29, 2011, 8:13:16 PM6/29/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
The theme looks great but I'm getting an error on viewing the blog of "Invalid block tag: 'blog_tags'" what am I missing?

Stephen McDonald

Jun 29, 2011, 8:45:18 PM6/29/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
Try replacing the template templates/blog/includes/filter_panel.html in the theme with the one from Mezzanine.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Alexei <alexei.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
The theme looks great but I'm getting an error on viewing the blog of "Invalid block tag: 'blog_tags'" what am I missing?

Alexei

Jun 30, 2011, 12:57:32 AM6/30/11
to Mezzanine Users
That did it! Thanks.

On 30 June, 10:45, Stephen McDonald <stephen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try replacing the template templates/blog/includes/filter_panel.html in the
> theme with the one from Mezzanine.

Gour

Jul 11, 2011, 4:41:28 AM7/11/11
to Mezzanine Users
On Jun 30, 2:13 am, Alexei <alexei.gilchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The theme looks great but I'm getting an error on viewing the blog of
> "Invalid block tag: 'blog_tags'" what am I missing?

I've copied the theme's files into my project, but it looks something
is missing or has changed:

Exception Value: 'page_helpers' is not a valid tag library: Template
library page_helpers not found...

Here is the full trace: http://pastebin.com/Z2DgeBYS

Any idea?

Stephen McDonald

Jul 11, 2011, 4:49:43 AM7/11/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
You haven't added the theme to your installed apps as per:

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa

Jul 11, 2011, 6:51:13 AM7/11/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:49:43 +1000
Stephen McDonald <steph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You haven't added the theme to your installed apps as per:
>
> http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/themes.html#installing-themes

Thank you.

Now it works, but have problems with displaying comments:

Exception Value: Invalid block tag: 'blog_comments_for'

Exception Location:
/usr/home/gour/www/mezzanine/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/template/base.py
in invalid_block_tag, line 291

Another thing I do not grasp is the message on Home:

'You need to create a page with the slug 'index' to be displayed here.'

so I wonder how one can control what is the slug for a page?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

signature.asc

Stephen McDonald

Jul 11, 2011, 7:25:39 AM7/11/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
It feels a bit silly pointing out that the same error and solution was already discussed in this thread.

Have a re-read of it.

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa

Jul 11, 2011, 7:57:18 AM7/11/11
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:25:39 +1000
Stephen McDonald <steph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It feels a bit silly pointing out that the same error and solution was
> already discussed in this thread.

If you think about:

"Try replacing the template templates/blog/includes/filter_panel.html in the
theme with the one from Mezzanine."

I did that and my error is: "Invalid block tag: 'blog_comments_for' " not
'blog_tags' ?

signature.asc