New Rake logic for on use trinkets - could use some help testing various scenarios

Leafkiller

Jan 3, 2012, 3:36:27 PM1/3/12
to Mew Theorycraft
Konungr asserted in this post (http://fluiddruid.net/forum/
viewtopic.php?p=6698#p6698) that the9 second window on Rake refreshes
during TF was no longer valid.

I ran some tests against 3 profiles (4PT13 with Kiroptyric Sigal,
4PT13 with Wrath/Vial, and 2PT13/2PT12 with Wrath and Hungerer).

I tested a straight 5 minute Patch fight and also a 5 minute "adds"
fight.

When testing with the Kiroptyric Sigal profile I was able to achieve
close to a 200dps increase by changing the Rake logic, both the rules
on refreshing and also the conditional for holding off on TF coming
off of cooldown. The changes were for the most part DPS neutral for
the other profiles (within the DPS error range).

Here is the existing Rake logic:
if (timeToDie >= 8.5 && isTigersFuryUp && !status.isRakeTFed() &&
rakeRemaining < 9.0)
return Action.RAKE;
if (timeToDie >= 8.5 && (!isRakeUp || rakeRemaining < 3.0) &&
(isBerserkUp || rakeRemaining - 0.8 <= tigersFuryCD || energy >= 71))
return Action.RAKE;

The new Rake logic:
if (timeToDie >= 8.5 && isTigersFuryUp && !status.isRakeTFed())
return Action.RAKE;
if (timeToDie >= 8.5 && (!isRakeUp || rakeRemaining < 3.0) &&
(isBerserkUp || rakeRemaining < tigersFuryCD || energy >= 71))
return Action.RAKE;

Note that the differences are pretty small, but useful if you have
Kiroptyric (and presumably any other on use trinket that can be lined
up with TF). More and more we are seeing rotational impacts with on-
use trinkets where the changes are all about refreshing DoTs to gain
the proc values.

I have not pushed these changes yet as I was hoping for some
verification from others on additional profiles/scenarios.
Message has been deleted